WARNING: A Christian, holiness, & biblical worldview.

01 November 2007

Is that Christian?

So my question is, how do Christians justify their actions?

I'm not speaking of the vast difference between the call to holiness and the call to worldly living; I'm talking about what it means to act like a Christian. Why is that so many "Christians" don't act like Christians?

The easy answer would be that they are not Christians. Certainly that is probably true for a great deal of people who have no idea what it means to be born-again and walk through life as a disciple of Jesus the Christ! But I can hardly categorize every individual that I could be thinking of in that category.

As a pastor, what do you do about behaviours, actions, & attitudes that, simply put, contradict God's written Word?

Hmmm...

Some of these attitudes can be extremely destructive to the unity and "being of one accord" that the church should experience. (I hesitate to use the word 'community' because the incessant over use in the pop-theology culture.)

God calls us to something different than the world, but why is it so rarely realized in the lives of people that make up the church here on Earth? Maybe I'm on to something when I say: We give very little room for growth. And I may be to the fulcrum of the issue when I say: Maybe I am guilty of the same thing.

But, I digress.

No comments: