WARNING: A Christian, holiness, & biblical worldview.

24 September 2008

Obama, Palin, Politics and Little 'Ole Me

McCain or Obama?

I got an e-mail the other day... again... from someone that said Obama was a Muslim. If he is, he isn't a very good one.

I got an e-mail the other day that said McCain was a Christian. If you believe that I've got a few acres on Venus I can sell you.

As a Christian approaching politics you certainly have to make priorities among moral issues. For example, while I believe God has placed us here to take care of creation, the issue of abortion (life vs. death) diminshes the glitz of my greenness.

At what point does a Christian refuse to vote for the "lesser of two evils." (By the way, is that in any shape or form Biblical?) That just sounds too much like compromise.

"But we'll lose the election if everyone started voting third party." Who will lose? God? I don't think so.

Long after Obama or McCain have taken their last breath here on Earth, God will still be King of Kings. Of that I am sure.

For most Christian voters McCain has been eclipsed by Sarah Palin. I must admit that while she is much more appealing a candidate than McCain she is not going to draw my "evangelical vote." Because she won't be president, she'll be vice president.

So what does the vice-president do? Wait around for the president to die so that they can be president. That's it! (Technically there are a few responsibilities like baby sitting in the senate or something.)

Who will I vote for? A Republican or Democrat? I'm going to vote for the only person I have confidence is really a Christian.

Mike Huckabee. (By the way, someone tell him to stop speaking for McCain.)

3 comments:

Brett said...

I agree with Jared.

Caleb Henry said...

If I could, I'd vote for Kermit the Frog, but since I can't, I'm probably gonna vote for Billy Ray Cyrus - but only on the condition that he grows his mullet back.

Jared Henry said...

Yeah, my achey breaky heart says the same thing.