WARNING: A Christian, holiness, & biblical worldview.

18 December 2007

I am a liberal!

I've been called a liberal.

I've been called a conservative.

I guess they are relative terms. It depends on your context. In other words, whatever stance that the majority holds is the moderate view and any other view is defined in correlation to the majority.

Christians have began to define things that way. We haphazardly define according to the majority's consensus.

On my fifth grade teachers wall there was a poster that said: "What is popular is not always right and what is right is not always popular."

So how do we, as Christians, traverse the ever changing landscape? With the Word of an unchanging God! That is our absolute standard. (Yes, you can attack me for using the word absolute.)

So whatever label I might receive, I'm not going to worry about it! I am a Christian and that's all that matters.

But please, whatever you do, just don't call me a post-modern!

No comments: